Your Hisense TV is stuck on a logo screen with no picture or the device is freezing and going into a reboot loop, don’t worry, this is a common problem and I have encountered it and fixed it in the past.
After encountering it, I became pretty certain that the issue is the Firmware (TV’s software) and it is conflicting. This is what I learned during my early days of experimenting with software and operating systems.
After contacting Hisense support and doing some research, I started troubleshooting. I fixed the Reboot issue and the logo screen stuck issue within a few minutes.
I will explain how to fix your Hisense TV if it is stuck on the Logo screen, if it entered a reboot loop as well as if it got frozen as all issues are related and occur due to the same TV’s internal settings conflict.
If your Hisense TV has a stuck logo, has frozen, or has gone into the reboot loop, you will need to update the Firmware or manually downgrade it using the USB storage device.
The problem occurs when you manually update your TV or when it was updating in the background and a power fluctuation caused the process to be interrupted.
Even if you are not a techie, you can resolve this issue easily by following the exact same process in the exact same order, and by the end of this guide, your TV will be fixed and these problems will be solved.
How To Fix Hisense TV Stuck On Logo Screen, Frozen, or Went Into Reboot Loop?
Sometimes the Hisense TV gets stuck on a logo screen or into a reboot loop due to minor glitches which can be fixed by doing a soft reset. Before proceeding to main troubleshooting I recommend going through the initial troubleshooting as that tends to solve this most of the time.
Initial Troubleshooting (To Fix Hisense TV Reboot, Frozen and Logo Screen Stuck)
Performing a proper power cycle and Reset on your Hisense Smart TV will refresh the temporarily cached or stored settings, which may solve the Rebooting issue as well as the Stuck on Logo issue.
- To begin, unplug your Hisense TV directly from the wall socket without turning it off.
- After that, wait 4-5 minutes, then plug it back in and press the power button on your Hisense Remote for 20 seconds while keeping it in front of your TV.
- Next, turn on your Hisense TV as usual and check if it has passed the logo screen or if it has again got stuck or is in the reboot loop.
Usually, this resolves the issue, However, if this does not resolve the issue, then we need to perform a manual downgrade or both upgrades (whichever is appropriate for your TV). This will make your TV just like new.
Main Troubleshooting (Perform Manual Firmware Upgrade or Downgrade)
It is mandatory for you to go through the above steps since I don’t want you to jump straight to the main part, which might unnecessarily take your time. And you might have already done that.
Now, it made it clear that the TV’s Firmware has got corrupted, and because the TV’s file system is corrupted, it is necessary to perform a reinstallation of its firmware or software.
In order to do these steps, you must get a USB Flash Drive of at least 4GB capacity as well as a laptop or computer to download the Hisense TVs Firmware files from their official website.
Once you’ve got everything ready, follow the steps below.
- First, Visit the Hisense site (https://global.hisense.com/regional) for your region on your computer.
- Find the support section of your Smart TV here and download the firmware that corresponds to its model (you can locate this information on the TV back).
- Now that you have downloaded the file, unzip it and verify that it is a BIN or PKG file.
- Then copy it onto a USB flash drive that has been formatted with the FAT32 system.
- Plug the USB key and after that disconnect the electrical power supply of the TV.
- When you press the Power button on the remote, keep pressing it and then plug the TV into the wall socket, it should show an upgrade menu on the screen (if not, try it again and again).
- After the menu appears, follow the onscreen instructions to install the firmware on your Hisense Smart TV.
Cheers!! You have successfully installed the new firmware on your Hisense TV. Now, your Hisense TV will not get stuck on the logo screen and won’t reboot continually.
Moreover, It is also important not to think these steps are too technical, as they will save you a lot of time and money by saving you from having to call a technician.
Thus, I would advise following the above steps to fix the Reboot and Logo screen stuck issue on your Hisense Smart TV.
I know how annoying it feels and sometimes we get worried that our TV is gone and we need a new one, but problems like Stuck on Logo Screen, Frozen, and Reboot Loop are quite common for Hisense TV as well as other Smart TVs, and we should all know how to fix them.
Hopefully, you have fixed the issue now and you can bookmark this page so that it will be helpful to you in the future. If you run into any problems or have any concerns, please leave a comment below and let me know.