Hisense smart TV users often encounter a situation where they need to reset their TV and in such cases, many are not aware of how to do the same.
While it may appear annoying to reset your TV, you would not be the first person to do so, and with this article, we aim to make it easy for you.
I will show you how to restore your Hisense Smart TV back to factory default settings in order to make it work once again.
Also in case you have lost or damaged your Hisense TV Remote and wish to Factory reset it, I have covered both Reset methods so you do not have to worry.
Moreover, The reset method for Hisense Smart TV is different for Old and New Models, and in this, I will be covering both variants.
How To Factory Reset Hisense Smart TVs (New and Old Models)?
- Resetting Hisense TVs Newer Models
- Resetting Hisense TVs Older Models
- Hisense Smart TV Reset Without Remote
How To Reset Newer Model Hisense Smart TV?
The newer models of Hisense TV do not have a reset button on the front of the TV. And as you probably know, there is no reset button on the back.
In fact, the only way to reset a new Hisense smart TV is with a button on their remote control.
Here are the steps to factory reset the Hisense Smart TV (newer models):
- Turn on your Hisense TV and navigate to Menu by pressing the “MENU” button.
- Proceed, By selecting “Support” with the “Select” or “OK” button.
- Now, Start the self-diagnosis by pressing “OK”.
- Choose the “Reset” option now.
- For confirmation, you will need to enter the security PIN (default is “0000”).
- Now wait for completion and your Hisense TV will restart itself and after that, you will be able to use it.
Once that is done, your Hisense Smart TV will be restored to factory settings.
How do you reset an older model of the Hisense Smart TV?
If you have an old Hisense Smart TV from a few years ago (2014), you may have been experiencing trouble watching videos. When the TV is turned on, a grey screen appears and you cannot do anything. Or you might face other issues as well with it.
Luckily doing a hard reset and restoring the settings to factory default solves almost all of them.
Here are the steps through which you will be able to Factory Reset Hisense Old TVs:
- Using your remote control, turn on your Hisense TV and then hold the ‘EXIT’ key for at least 15 seconds
- After 15 seconds, you will see the Hisense TV factory service menu
- Finally, click ‘OK’ to turn off the TV
After resetting your Smart TV, you should wait for 20 seconds before turning it on.
Note: This method only works for 2013-14 and older models.
How to Reset Hisense TV without Remote?
- Ensure that all external hard drives and USB cables are disconnected
- Disconnect your Hisense Smart TV’s power cord after turning it off.
- After unplugging the TV, wait up to 15 minutes before plugging it in again
After this turn on the TV back and let it get stable before using it again or giving commands.
Also, More importantly, I have found a much better reset than the above reset method without a TV remote and after trying that I saw that whilst the above steps do a Soft Reset to Hisense TV but with the other steps I saw a complete Power Reset along with Soft Reset.
As that is a good way to reset the Hisense Smart TV without remote control, I have created another guide that is helpful to fix other issues as well.
You can use your Generic Remote if you do not have the original remote, as well, and the steps will work the same for that as well. I have outlined these steps above, so you will know exactly what to do in order to reset your Hisense smart TV irrespective of its Models.