Even if you are comfortable using a PC, upgrading firmware software is not as straightforward as you may think. Nonetheless, with the right assistance and a few simple steps, you can easily update the firmware of Hisense Smart TV.
If you would like to update the Hisense Smart TV software, there are multiple methods you can choose from. With this step-by-step guide, updating your Hisense TV Firmware will be easy and hassle-free.
Sometimes, the automatic update doesn’t work and we need to manually update the software. Along with that, I am including the ability to downgrade as well as an upgrade via USB, so if there’s an issue you have full control.
There are two main ways to accomplish this, besides contacting Hisense Smart TV support directly, one is via OTA (Over the Air) updates, and the other is manual via USB by using the official website to download updated firmware.
Also, what if you updated the Hisense TV software and the system suddenly behaves oddly, doesn’t work properly, or is stuck on standby, logo screen, or won’t turn on?
Therefore, I am including the steps for manually upgrading and downgrading the Firmware software so that you will not be stuck in the process.
How To Update Hisense TV Software?
There are basically two options, the first is when your Hisense TV can automatically download the OTA updates, the second method is to download the Firmware File from the Hisense TV website.
In the first section, I will describe the automatic update option to show you how to get automatic software updates for your Hisense TV. In the second, I describe the steps to follow if you wish to do it manually.
How To Update Hisense Smart TV Software Automatically Via OTA?
You can easily update the firmware of your Hisense TV via the internet if you have an internet connection. This Hisense TV firmware update is fast, whatever model of the TV you have.
Prior to starting the process, ensure that your internet connection is stable and fast.
Steps To complete the Hisense H8F firmware update:
- Navigate to the Settings section of your Hisense TV.
- Scroll down to the third option, which says System Update, under the Support option.
- Select Check Firmware Update.
- Here, The TV will install a new update automatically if it detects a new one.
This is how you update the Hisense Smart TV Firmware software manually Via OTA Updates.
In order to save time, you should enable “Auto Firmware Update” on the Hisense TV’s settings page if you’re running the latest software.
This will allow the device to automatically update the firmware whenever a new version is available.
How to Update Software On Hisense TV Via USB?
I have covered how to manually update the Hisense Smart TV firmware via USB over here.
Also, sometimes depending on the situation, you might ask how to update Hisense Smart TV software without the internet.
Well, If your TV does not have internet access, updating your Smart TV software via USB is a perfect option.
Updates via USB, on the other hand, take time. Also, not all flash drives will work with this method. Therefore, you need to pay attention to this method.
FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS are the recommended file formats for the USB flash drive.
Ideally, the flash drive should have enough space to transfer the downloaded firmware to the TV. A 4GB flash drive will be sufficient.
If the USB flash drive meets all the requirements:
- The first step is to download Hisense TV software from the Hisense website.
- On your computer, unzip the downloaded file
- Take the upgrade_loader.pkg file and copy it to your USB flash drive
- Now, Connect the USB flash drive to your Hisense TV and turn the TV off
- Turn it on and then press the standby button on your remote control
- Continue holding it until you see the TV logo followed by the Updating Software message
- You now need to wait for the software update to complete, which could take up to 20 minutes.
When the process is complete, the TV will restart. However, if Hisense Smart TV does not update because of a conflict, it might get stuck in a restart loop, on the Hisense logo, or might not even start.
Therefore, I have provided below a few steps that you can use to solve that problem, as well as manually upgrade or downgrade your software.
How To Downgrade Hisense Smart TV Software/Firmware Via USB?
If anything goes wrong during the installation process or a power failure occurs, the Hisense TV can become problematic. Apart from that, there are cases when the older software is superior to the updated one.
This manual downgrade of the Firmware via the USB and using the older Image from the Hisense TV Official website is beneficial in this situation since it will restore the older firmware.
It’s the same process as in the manual update via USB, and the only difference is we need to manually download the older Firmware File since we need the older Firmware file.
- Download the older Hisense TV software file from the official website.
- Once you have unzipped the File, connect the USB to your PC or Computer and move the file.
- After that, plug in the USB flash drive and turn off the TV
- When the TV turns on, hold the standby button on your Hisense remote for a few seconds.
- Press it until you see the Software update notification.
- Now you need to wait for a few minutes, depending on your TV model it may take anywhere from 10-20 minutes.
This is how you can manually downgrade the Hisense TV software using the USB, and in the same way, you can upgrade and downgrade and install the version of your choice, this is also useful if you encounter any issues.
Wrapping It Up
So, We just covered how to manually update the Hisense TV and how to downgrade, upgrade, and troubleshoot any issues if you encounter them during the process.
Also, For a hassle-free streaming experience, it is important to keep the software and firmware of the Hisense TV up-to-date.
You can contact me or leave a comment below if you experience any issues following the above guide.