Are you experiencing an issue with your Westinghouse TV’s HDMI connection, which is not recognizing the HDMI input and showing no signal?
Well, you are not alone, I encountered this as well. My relative has a Westinghouse TV, so when we decided to watch something on TV we turned it on, but to our surprise, there was no signal. We also tried to change the input to HDMI, but it went right back to TV mode.
If your Westinghouse TV isn’t recognizing the HDMI devices you’ve plugged into the ports, it can be a frustrating issue. But before you panic and call for service, there are a few troubleshooting steps to try that might help resolve the problem.
There are a number of reasons why Westinghouse TV HDMI stops working, including faulty ports, incorrect connections, damaged HDMI cables, and temporary glitches. You can fix it by resetting the HDMI connection and your TV, and it will start recognizing the HDMI connection again.
Hence, before jumping into further troubleshooting, check the connections between the cable ends. Make sure that it is firmly plugged into each device and that no pins on either end are bent or missing.
If everything looks good but still your Westinghouse TV is not recognizing HDMI, giving no signal, sound not coming over HDMI or the inputs not working, worry not, I’ve covered all of them below, so you can follow the steps to resolve the issue.
How To Fix HDMI Problems On Your Westinghouse TV?
Common Westinghouse TV HDMI problems
- HDMI input problems
- No sound over HDMI
- No signal over HDMI
- TV not recognizing the HDMI connection
Okay, so let’s get started. If your Westinghouse TV HDMI isn’t working, and you are also wondering how to get HDMI to work on Westinghouse TV properly, there are a few things that you can do.
1. Check Connections
First, make sure all of your connections are secure. Unplug all cables from both sides and plug them in again firmly.
In case this does not help, ensure the HDMI input is selected and active on your TV. If you are on a different input source than HDMI, it will also not work.
2. Reset Cable/Sat Box
In the case that you have connected your TV to the appropriate input source and are still not able to get a signal on your TV, then you may have to reset your cable box or satellite box.
- To do this, start by disconnecting the power cable from both the box itself and its wall socket for two to three minutes.
- After that, reconnect the power cable to both components.
- Allow enough time for your cable or satellite box to receive a signal and initialize before attempting any further troubleshooting steps.
If resetting does not solve your issue and your Westinghouse TV becomes stubborn and not letting the HDMI connection work, consider checking other hardware connections and proceeding to the next troubleshooting steps below.
3. Reset HDMI Inputs
Now what you should do is check and reset the HDMI input to restore the connection between your TV and other connected devices.
To reset the HDMI connection:
- Turn off all HDMI devices connected to the computer first.
- After disconnecting the TV’s power cord from the wall outlet, turn the TV off.
- Now, For about 30 seconds, hold down the power button on the TV.
- Disconnect all HDMI devices and cables, then reconnect them.
- Finally, plug the TV back into the outlet and turn it on.
If the above resetting of the HDMI connection doesn’t work, you should try to replace any worn-out or damaged cables. I have had experience with HDMI cables becoming defective over time, so replacing them could be a possible resolution to this issue.
4. Reset the TV
If the connections as well as HDMI cables appear to be in good condition, then it may be necessary to reset your television back to its factory settings or reset the HDMI connection entirely.
Here’s how you can reset your Westinghouse TV to get the HDMI working back again,
- Unplug the TV from its power source for 60 seconds.
- After that, plug it back in and then press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds.
- This will reset your television to factory settings.
The Westinghouse logo should come up and the HDMI should work after following these steps.
5. Reset HDMI Ports
Many Westinghouse TV users have reported that their HDMI ports are not working, preventing them from connecting any HDMI devices.
Likely, your HDMI cable and source might be working, but your TV’s HDMI ports might not. If this is the case, you must check and reset the HDMI ports.
- That’s why unplug any external devices connected to the TV and then plug them back in one at a time.
- This helps to reset the HDMI ports, which can sometimes cause issues with connection.
- Additionally, test out different ports on your television in case something is wrong with one of them specifically.
If that fails too, then try to identify if there is a physical issue with your TV’s ports. You can do this by inspecting them for any dirt, dust, or corrosion which could be disrupting the signal flow.
6. Replace HDMI Ports
If none of these solutions work, you may need to replace the HDMI port. You can find replacement parts online, or take your TV to a repair shop that specializes in Westinghouse TVs.
If you’re not comfortable replacing the part yourself, it’s best to leave it to an expert who knows how to safely open your television and make sure everything is connected properly. With their help, you should be able to get your HDMI ports working again in no time!
7. Remove Sleep Mode
It might seem strange, but often when your Westinghouse TV is in Sleep Mode, it keeps dropping the HDMI connection, leading to no signal or no input detection.
Users have reported this solution to work as well along with the above solutions, so you might also try this.
Here’s how you can disable the sleep mode on your Westinghouse TV manually:
- Put a power surge protector/strip in front of your TV and connect the power cord to it.
- Just to make sure, turn on your TV with the remote control.
- Next, turn the power surge switch off five times at three to five-second intervals.
- After that, repeat steps 3 and 4 to override the sleep mode.
Once done, turn your TV on normally and check all HDMI connections and see if you are still facing issues with the Westinghour TVs HDMI connection.
Why There Is No Sound Over HDMI On My Westinghouse TV?
Many Westinghouse TV owners have also reported that they are not getting any sound when using an HDMI connection.
This issue is likely to be caused by incorrect settings on the connected device, or a faulty cable or port.
- The first step in troubleshooting this problem is to check all audio and video settings on both devices.
- Make sure that the volume setting for both the TV and source devices (e.g., DVD player) is set correctly, and that the correct input ports have been selected on the TV.
- If these settings have been checked, try switching out the HDMI cable to see if a different one works better.
- It’s also possible that there could be an issue with one of your HDMI ports, so you may need to switch between them as well if neither your cables nor settings solve this problem.
If you have a problem with HDMI on your Westinghouse TV not working properly, one of the most common reasons for the problem is that there is no signal being sent over HDMI. If this is happening to you, it is not a big problem and can be solved easily at home.
As this could be caused by a number of things, such as an incorrectly connected cable or port, a defective cable, or even outdated firmware.
- To troubleshoot this issue, start by checking all connections from the source (e.gBlu-ray player) to make sure they are securely connected and in working order.
- If all cables appear to be functioning properly but still no signal appears on the screen, try rebooting both devices (the Westinghouse TV and the source device).
- If this doesn’t help either, check for any available firmware updates for both devices. You can also contact Westinghouse customer service if none of these solutions resolves the problem.
Hopefully, with the help of this guide, you will be able to get the HDMI connection on your Westinghouse TV to work again but follow the steps exactly as shown in the guide to ensure that you are doing troubleshooting properly.