Are you looking to organize your LG TV’s HDMI inputs neatly by naming them according to what’s connected?
It is common for us to choose the wrong input source when switching inputs, resulting in no signal over our HDMI connection or other input sources that don’t have any devices connected to them.
Moreover, in certain cases when our LG TV keeps changing input by itself, we can’t see which inputs are active and switching, especially when we do have multiple HDMI inputs to which multiple devices are connected, naming them makes it much easier to identify and looks more organized.
Changing the HDMI name on your LG TV is an easy task that can be completed in a few minutes. It makes it easier to remember which connection you have connected to your TV.
Here is how to change the HDMI input name on an LG TV:
- Press the “Input Button” on your remote.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and select “All Inputs”.
- As soon as you see all inputs and their current names, choose the “Input Labels” tab by pressing the right arrow button on the remote.
- The virtual keypad will appear once you press the center “select button” on the remote. Type in what you want to call the input.
- Once you are finished, highlight “Enter” and click it.
- That’s all, your HDMI input name has been changed successfully.
You can actually see the names of the devices when you exit out and bring up the main input list instead of having to guess where they are plugged in.
Your LG TV will now display these new names that you changed next to each of its HDMI inputs, making it easier for you to identify which connection is connected to which device at any given time!
In the same way, you can easily organize all the inputs on your LG TV by giving them a name.
What to do if this feature is not available on your LG model?
All LG TVs running LG WebOS (LG TV operating system) allow you to change the input names. However, if you are not seeing these options, don’t worry, it’s still available and just under a different menu.
In the event that you do not see the “All input” option as a result of the recent firmware update, follow the steps below to change the HDMI name:
- On your TV, go to the Home Dashboard
- On the top right of the screen, you should see three symbols.
- After that, To get to “settings”, select that and “click” on the gear-shaped icon.
- Lastly, go to edit and click on it, then click on the “input” you want to rename.
That’s all there is to it! Changing the HDMI input name on your LG TV is a great way to customize how you use your television and make it easier for you to remember which connection has what device connected.
Now that you know how to change the HDMI input name on an LG TV, why not start customizing your TV today?
See Also: Are All HDMI Cables the Same Or Do They Affect Picture And Sound Quality?
You May Like: LG TV Menu Options Keeps Popping Up Easy Way To Fix?