Want to stop your Insignia Fire TV from automatically going into Sleep Mode? Or disable the Sleep Mode on your Insignia Fire TV Edition as you wish to keep it awake?
So if you wish to change the Sleep Mode settings but cannot increase or change the sleep time length, I will guide you through the process in detail.
Honestly, sometimes it is really frustrating when the TV goes into sleep mode when we are watching a show.
What makes it more frustrating is that it does not provide any way to adjust the Sleep Timer or Sleep Mode settings.
I’ve experienced this issue in the past and figured out how to turn it off and modify the sleep timer manually.
Is it possible to Change or Disable Insignia Fire TV Auto Sleep?
The auto-sleep feature typically dims or shuts down a dedicated screen after a certain amount of inactivity.
It goes into sleep mode if it does not get any commands, such as ‘volume up’, ‘play’, ‘pause’, etc.
Although it should detect that a show, video, movie is playing and not go into sleep mode at that time, sometimes due to software glitches it doesn’t detect that a video is playing and still turns itself off into sleep mode.
Unfortunately, Insignia Fire TV does not currently provide a way to increase Sleep Timer length or to Disable it from the settings.
But there is still a manual method through which we can achieve this and change or disable it.
I will explain how to change the Sleep Timer or Disable the Sleep Mode as well as what to do if you wish to keep your Insignia Fire TV awake in this guide.
Insignia Fire TV can be stopped from going into sleep mode in two different ways, and I have explained both methods below.
How to Change, Disable Insignia Fire TV Sleep Mode?
In order to disable the sleep mode on Insignia Fire TV or make any kind of changes to it, you need to follow the below steps carefully one by one.
You have two options for making changes to your Insignia Fire TV’s sleep mode like Disable it, Change Time length, or Turn it Off.
It might seem a bit complex and complicated, but it isn’t as hard as you think. Before you begin, you need to download a few things.
Also, you can use these steps on any FireTV Edition, not just the Insignia FireTV devices. So if you have other Firestick devices, you can use these steps on them as well.
Control Sleep Mode on Insignia Fire TV using Adblink Utility App
To configure your Fire TV’s auto-sleep feature, you will also need to configure a few settings on the device.
- Navigate to the Insignia Fire TV’s Settings tab by using the Fire TV remote.
- Choose ‘Developer Options’ under ‘My Fire TV’.
- Here, In the settings menu you will find toggles for “Apps from unknown sources” and “ADB debugging.”
- Both options should be selected and turned on.
Additionally, you need to identify the Insignia Fire TV’s IP address.
Basically, an IP address is a way for devices over the internet or Wi-Fi to recognize your device.
You can get the Insignia Fire TV IP address by following the below steps.
- Open the System tab in Settings.
- A tab called “About” will appear. Click on it.
- Choose “Network” from the list.
- This will show your IP address.
- Make a note of it or take a picture of it.
So now we have everything we need to make changes to the Sleep Mode feature.
AdbLink enables you to access any Android-supported device from your laptop.
On your laptop, you should first download AdbLink for Android.
- Upon downloading and installing AdbLink, open it on your laptop.
- Choose the “New” option and type in the name of your Insignia Fire TV.
- You need to enter the IP address that you wrote down earlier in the address tab.
- After clicking on Save, click on Connect.
- The IP address of your device should now appear in the connected slot.
Note: When you are having trouble connecting to AdbLink, toggle ADB Debugging on/off a few times.
Once you Insignia Fire TV Connected:
- Select the “Set Timer” option from the Utility bar.
- There will be a new window that allows you to adjust the time setting.
- Here, The settings can be adjusted manually or, if you want a quick fix, you can select “Sleep off” and “Screensaver off.”
So, It’s also possible to turn off the screen saver and sleep manually if you’re in a hurry by turning off both of those options.
This is how you can change the Sleep Timer length and turn it off on your Insignia Fire TV by using the ADBlink app.
As you have disabled auto-sleep completely, you will no longer have any auto sleep issues with your Insignia Fire TV.
Changing Sleep Timer Length or Disable It Using Third-Party App
Basically, in this way, we need to download and install a Third-Party App using the Sideloading Method.
If you do not know what is Sideloading, It is the process of installing third-party apps onto devices for which they are not available for download
In order to Keep the Insignia Fire TV awake, The Stay Alive app needs to be sideloaded into your Insignia Fire TV.
Start by downloading the APK file for this third-party app from any reputable APK site.
In accordance with the previous section, we are using AdbLink to install and sideload Stay Alive App.
- Select “Install APK” from the AdbLink menu.
- Install Stay Alive APK after selecting it from the list.
- You will get a confirmation pop-up once it has been installed.
- So after this step, You can now access Stay Alive from the app library of your Insignia Fire TV.
- You can customize auto sleep in the Stay Alive app.
Stay Alive is quite similar to the previous method, however, stay Alive tends to work better in most cases, whereas the former fails because it is a bit complex way.
Wrapping It Up
It is quite annoying to not be able to control the settings for Sleep Mode in Insignia Fire TV, and I hope Amazon adds this capability in the future.
In the meantime, you can use the above guide to Disable, Change the Sleep Timer Length, or Turn Off the Sleep Mode on your Insignia Fire TV.
I hope you’ll be able to follow along easily and if you encounter any issues, please let me know in the comments below.