Seeing a Remote Control picture on your TCL TV screen and having trouble moving past it even after several reboots?
You are not alone if your TCL TV is also stuck on the Remote control picture, and I will explain why it happens and what needs to be done to fix the problem.
If your TCL TV is stuck on the remote control picture, this typically indicates that the TV has been glitched and your Remote control won’t be able to perform any action.
I visited My friend recently to try out his new TCL TV. We were watching TV and suddenly the picture on his TCL TV changed to a remote control. We couldn’t access any of the UI or reset it back to factory settings and thought that maybe it had something to do with an issue with the Bluetooth remote control pairing, so we went out and bought a new remote control. Unfortunately, no matter what we tried, we still couldn’t get past this screen.
Without further ado, let’s see what we found and what needs to be done in order to get this sorted easily.
Why My TCL TV Got Stuck On Remote Control Picture?
A remote control picture will appear if the internal system settings conflict, making the remote control undetectable and showing the remote on the screen.
Fortunately, because this isn’t a major issue and results from a system glitch, you don’t have to be concerned. You can easily resolve this.
Let’s see how to pass the remote control screen on your TCL TV.
How To Troubleshoot TCL TV Which Gets Stuck On Remote Control Picture On Screen?
Since we had already spent the day dealing with it when we encountered it, I won’t take much of your time.
I have outlined three main ways to resolve the issue below, so let’s begin.
Leave the TV unplugged for about 2-3 minutes after unplugging everything from it. All of the capacitors will discharge completely after that.
- After that, Hold the power button for a few seconds, then plug it back in to see if anything has changed.
- Once that is done test by plugging your devices one by one and power cycling the TV to see if that solves the problem.
Quick Tip: Simply reset and sync the remote by holding the button with the horizontal lines for five to ten seconds.
This method is reported as a working solution widely and through this, you can easily get rid of the stuck remote control picture on your TV.
Here’s what needs to be done:
- First, Unplug the TV for a few minutes, after that plug it back.
- Next, Select “region and time zone”.
- The same “remote picture” will pop up after this
- As soon as the remote picture shows hold the menu button for 5-10 seconds
After that, once you click on the button with three white lines, a green checkmark will appear and everything will be sorted and you will be able to proceed further.
This method is a last resort if none of the above works, as we contacted the TCL support after trying multiple ways to solve it, the support informed us that either they can send a USB drive with updates or we can install it from the official website and can perform the reset manually on TCL TV.
- After the software update was on our USB drive, we plugged it into the TV’s USB port.
- Then, we held down the power button for a few seconds until there was a flashing light on my TV. After that, everything seemed to be running smoothly again!
- Upon doing that, the TV updated automatically, and we were able to restart and reconfigure it.
This method worked perfectly for us and we’re back with no further issues. Hopefully, this will work out just as well for anyone else who faces this same issue!
If the problem persists after that, unplug the TV and plug it back in after 2-3 minutes, and it will fix itself.
You can easily resolve your TCL TV that got stuck on the remote control screen by using all of the methods listed above.
Nowadays, thanks to Bluetooth TV remotes, it is easier than ever to take control of your television. However, even with this convenience we still run into issues from time to time. Fortunately, these types of problems can usually be solved without too much trouble.
I hope with the above guide you will be able to take the control of your TCL TV back easily, get rid of the remote control picture on its screen and enjoy your shows on it, to quickly wrap it up for you.
- Your TCL TV is stuck on the Remote Control picture on the screen due to a system glitch.
- In order to get that sorted, you can configure the settings as mentioned in method #1 above.
- Hold the button with horizontal lines on it for 5-10 seconds on the remote, this will reset and sync the remote.
- Lastly, Apart from that, you can contact TCL support and get a firmware USB which you can plug into your TV and can reset the TV easily.