Are you experiencing HDMI issues with your Insignia TV or Fire TV Edition? If so, you’re not alone.
Many Insignia TV owners have reported HDMI problems such as HDMI not working, HDMI ARC not working, no signal on HDMI, HDMI input not working, and HDMI ports not working.
Undoubtedly, It can be a pain when it stops working, but no worries, it’s usually caused by something simple like an incorrect setup, a faulty HDMI port or cable, or just a temporary glitch. And when it comes to HDMI ARC issues, it’s usually due to connecting devices to the wrong port (Non-ARC) or forgetting to turn on the CEC settings.
In this blog, I’ll explain the causes and solutions for these common Insignia TV HDMI issues.
I’ll also share tips and tricks to help you get your Insignia TV or Fire TV Edition back up and running in no time.
So, whether you’re a tech-savvy user or a first-time troubleshooter, this blog is for you. Let’s dive in and fix those HDMI issues.
Why Is My HDMI Not Working on My Insignia TV?
There can be a number of reasons why your HDMI is not working on your Insignia TV. Some of the most common causes include:
- Loose or damaged HDMI cables: Make sure that your HDMI cable is properly connected to both your TV and the device you are trying to connect. Also, inspect the HDMI cable for any visible damage such as frayed wires or bent connectors.
- Incorrect input selection: If the TV is not set to the correct HDMI input, it can also lead to issues with HDMI.
- HDMI port damage: In some cases, the HDMI ports on the TV may be damaged (It might not be visible clearly on the outside), which can cause the HDMI connection to not work.
- Firmware issue: A firmware issue with your TV can also cause HDMI problems.
As we are now aware of the most common causes which lead to this issue, let’s see further more specifically for issues of Insignia TV as well as its Fire TV Edition (Insignia Fire TV).
How To Fix HDMI Issues On Insignia TV (Non-Fire TV)?
It is important to consider the below troubleshooting carefully one by one if your Insignia TV does not recognize HDMI or its HDMI is not working.
- Double-check that your HDMI cable is securely plugged in on both ends. Make sure there’s no damage like frayed wires or bent connectors.
- Make sure your TV is on the right HDMI input. Switch inputs using the “input” or “source” button on your remote.
- Check your TV settings to make sure HDMI is enabled. Some Insignia TVs have a power-saving mode that turns off HDMI when there’s no input.
- Make sure your HDMI-connected device is compatible with your TV’s HDMI version as well as you are using a high-speed HDMI cable.
- Try using a different HDMI port on your TV, in case the current one is damaged.
- Check for updates on your TV firmware, and update if necessary.
- If all else fails, try resetting your TV to factory settings. But be aware that it will erase all your personal settings.
Furthermore, Insignia TV users often complain about ARC connection issues when connecting their Insignia TV to audio receivers via ARC HDMI cable, let’s check that out as well.
Insignia TV HDMI ARC Not Working
In almost all cases the ARC issues on Insignia TV happen due to incorrect setup or disabled INlink (CEC) functionality.
INlink is a feature that enables you to control HDMI CEC-compatible devices, such as sound bars and other home theater systems, connected to the HDMI ports on your Insignia Fire TV.
Note: This is required to ensure that ARC functions correctly on Insignia TVs.
This can be done using the remote control that came with your TV so that all of your devices are easily accessible from just one remote.
In order to use the HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) features as well as HDMI ARC functionality of your Insignia TV, you must ensure that:
• You are using an HDMI 1.4+ cable to connect any HDMI-compatible device to your TV.
• The connected device’s HDMI CEC feature is turned on.
• If you connect a device that does not support the HDMI CEC protocol, then none of the INlink Control features will work.
• Sometimes, Even if the connected device is compatible with the HDMI CEC standard, it may be limited in terms of which INlink Control features can be used.
Here’s how to enable HDMI CEC on your Insignia TV (Non-Fire TV):
- Press Menu, Navigate to Settings, then press Enter.
- After that use the remote to highlight INlink, then press Enter.
- Select INlink Control, then press Enter
- You will get the On or Off option, turn it on then select Enter.
- That’s all, now the HDMI CEC functionality on your Insignia TV is enabled.
To conclude, if the Insignia ARC connection doesn’t work, you need to make sure of the below points carefully.
- Enable the INlink function on your Insignia TV.
- Connect your receiver to the TV’s ARC HDMI port.
- Turn on the receiver.
- Change the audio output on the TV to Audio Reciever.
- The TV will automatically detect the connected receiver and you will be able to hear sound through the receiver. You will also be able to control the receiver using the TV’s remote control.
- Lastly, Make sure to use a 1.4+ version of a high-speed HDMI cable for the best results.
Now let’s move to the Insignia Fire TV edition if you have the Fire TV edition from Insignia then you need to follow the below steps and above for normal (non-fire tv) Insignia TV.
Insignia Fire TV HDMI Not Working (Troubleshooting)
- Connect the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your television
- Replace the cable with a new one. Sometimes HDMI cable lines become susceptible to shooting out.
- Ensure the pins on the linking device have no bends
- Check if the HDMI port is damaged.
Insignia Fire TV HDMI Arc Not Working
It is important to note that ARC (Audio Return Channel) is only implemented on the HDMI-1 port of the Insignia Fire TV. This port (As shown in the above image) should be connected to the HDMI OUT (TV ARC) port on the soundbar for ARC to function properly.
So, If you are experiencing issues with ARC or CEC, ensure that the correct ports are connected and that the CEC feature is enabled in the TV’s settings.
Here’s How To Turn On HDMI ARC and CEC on Insignia Fire TV
- Press the Home Button on your TV Remote
- Move to the right to the gear icon (Settings)
- Go down to “Display and Sounds” and click “OK“
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “HDMI CEC device control” and click “OK“
- Scroll down and find the “ARC/ eARC” option and toggle it “ON“.
Once you enabled the CEC functionality, first connect your Soundbar via a High-Speed HDMI cable to TV’s HDMI ARC port and after that turn on your audio receiver, doing this, the TV will detect the ARC-connected device and the setup will be completed.
Insignia Fire TV HDMI Ports Not Working
When the HDMI Ports don’t recognize the HDMI cable or connection and give no signal / blue screen on TV, resetting the ports works best in almost all cases, It’s important to note that this solution will only work if there is no physical damage to the HDMI ports, if they are damaged or defective, it is required to replace them instead.
And talking about resetting the HDMI ports, all it takes is to switch off all devices connected to your TV and then switch them back on again in the following order.
Here are the steps below, which you can follow when your Insignia TV says no signal:
- Switch off all devices connected to your tv
- Unplug all connected HDMI cables
- Switch off your television
- Unplug the power cable
- Press and hold the power button of your tv for 30 seconds
- Reconnect the cables back and turn on the TV
- That’s all the TV will recognize connected HDMI cables and ports will start working.
After following the above steps in exact same order, simply turn on all devices and your TV will be able to recognize HDMI cables as ports are reset.
Well, that was all, the most common HDMI issues with Insignia TVs and Fire TV Edition and how to fix them.
It can be a real bummer when your HDMI connection stops working or you’re experiencing ARC or CEC problems, but as we’ve seen, most of the time it’s just a simple fix like checking your settings, cables, and ports.
So, if you’re ever having trouble with your Insignia TV’s HDMI, don’t panic! Just go through the steps I provided in the above guide, and you’ll be back to watching your favorite shows and movies in no time.
You Might Like:
- Quick Way To Fix Insignia Fire TV Input Lag
- Insignia Fire TV Screen Mirroring (Quick 2-Ways Guide)
- How To Disable Or Change Insignia Fire TV Sleep Mode?
- Insignia Fire TV Apps Troubleshooting (How To Make Them Fast)?
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do if my Insignia Fire TV Edition is not detecting my HDMI connection?
Check your HDMI cable and port to ensure that they are functioning properly.
Also, make sure that the TV is set to the correct input and that the cable is securely plugged in.
If the issue persists, try unplugging the TV and other devices for a few minutes and then plugging them back in.
Why is there no sound coming from my Insignia TV when using HDMI?
This could be caused by an incorrect audio output setting on your TV, or it could be due to a problem with the HDMI cable or port.
Check your TV’s audio output settings and ensure that the correct option is selected.
Also, make sure that your HDMI cable is tightly plugged in and that the cable and port are functioning properly.
What should I do if my Insignia Fire TV Edition is not responding to my TV remote control when using HDMI-CEC?
This could be caused by a problem with the HDMI-CEC settings on your TV or other devices.
Make sure that the HDMI-CEC function is enabled on your TV and that the devices are connected to the correct HDMI port.
Also, try unplugging the TV and other devices for a few minutes and then plugging them back in to see if that resolves the issue.