Are you having problems with your Hitachi TV remote controller? Are you unsure whether the remote sensors are working or your TV is not responding to the remote?
There are many issues that can occur with TV remotes, and your Hitachi TV remote is also prone to these minor problems.
The good news is, most of the issues that you encounter with your remote controller can easily be resolved at home only if you can know the cause.
Throughout this article, I will explain how to fix a Hitachi TV remote control that stops responding, not working, not responding, or its buttons stopped working.
When you have to keep changing the remote because it simply doesn’t work, it’s just as frustrating as it sounds. There are thousands of people who have trouble with the remotes.
How To Fix Hitachi TV Remote Control Problems
I have listed all possible causes and how to solve them below.
These are the most common problems Hitachi TV users face with their remote controls.
Follow these fixes carefully and you will be able to resolve the issue by the end of it.
Test your TV Remote
First and foremost, you should check to see if the remote is not damaged and if its sensors are responding to the buttons.
If the remote batteries become weak, or if they run out, the remote’s sensors stop functioning, resulting in your Hitachi TV not responding to remote commands.
You’ll need a camera display to check if the remote sensors are working and the batteries are still charged.
The camera can be from any device. It can be from a mobile, tablet, laptop, or any other device. We just need to focus the camera on the remote sensor and watch the screen.
Here’s how you can test your Hitachi TV remote:
- Point the remote at the lens of the camera and turn on the camera.
- Then, while looking through the screen at the remote, press buttons on it.
- Looking through the camera screen, you should see light coming out of the front of the remote control if it is working.
- If you do not see anything coming out and are unsure if you did the test properly, try it with a known-working remote.
The test shows us that if the remote sensors are working and the battery is in good condition, then the sensor light on the remote will be visible when viewing it through the camera.
With this method, you can test all the remote buttons as well if they work or not.
We will proceed with further steps once we are assured that the batteries are also good and the remote sensor is also functioning.
Check the Batteries Health
It seems like an obvious fix, yet it is often overlooked. Make sure your remote’s batteries are charged. If they aren’t, replace them.
Battery life tends to deteriorate over time, and one of the most common reasons tv remotes don’t work is because they are exhausted.
Make sure the battery in the “power pack” is fully charged. If it is low on charge, replace it.
Your Hitachi TV won’t respond to the remote buttons when the batteries in the remote are too weak or run out.
Hitachi TV Remote Sensor Not Working
A modern Hitachi TV remote control has a sensor that can detect whether your hand is on the remote when you press the buttons.
The remote won’t work if it does not detect your hand.
Basically, it protects the remote in cases when buttons are pressed in any other manner, like putting something on it or sitting on it.
You can test your Hitachi Remote sensors by following these steps:
- Press the top button (the one with an arrow) on your Hitachi remote to make it a square.
- While holding the remote in your hand, simultaneously press the bottom two buttons.
- Within 20 seconds, your hand should be detected by the remote if it is working properly.
- When your remote does not recognize your hand, it is likely that the sensor on it is not working and the TV won’t respond to buttons.
Furthermore, dirt, grease, or other foreign objects may be in the area where the sensor is located, preventing it from functioning properly.
If you see it might be the case, This means that you must clean the place where the sensor is located.
Steps to clean TV remote sensors:
- The first thing you need to do is spray some WD-40 on a cloth and clean the area where the sensor is located.
- You should then use an old toothbrush to gently brush away any dirt or debris.
- After that, reassemble the remote and check to see if it now works.
In case your Hitachi TV remote still doesn’t work, check out the next possible reason and further fixes.
Cleaning the Contacts on the Batteries is Essential
When a remote is quite old, the most common reason for it to not work is dirty or oxidized contacts on the battery pack.
- To clean the contacts of the battery pack, remove the top of the pack and spray some battery cleaner on a cloth.
- Finally, replace the top of the battery pack and test the remote.
Make Sure all Buttons are Depressed
Whenever you use a remote, make sure you have pressed all the buttons on the remote before pressing “OK.”.
A button that is already pushed will prevent the TV from receiving a command, so the TV will not respond.
Hence, if certain buttons do not work, such as the “Menu button” or “Home button”, then you can follow the following steps to fix it.
- Press the button with the arrow on it.
- Then, press the two buttons at the bottom of the remote.
- When both of these buttons are unpressed, all the buttons on the remote will work properly.
Check for Obstruction
Ensure that nothing stands in the way of the IR beam.
Does the receiver of your Hitachi remote receive a sufficient amount of signal from the transmitter?
You will need to move the Hitachi remote closer to your TV if this is the case.
If that doesn’t work, reposition the Hitachi remote or even replace it. Make sure you move the TV closer to the Hitachi remote.
Reset Your remote to factory settings
A remote control’s inability to work is one of the most common problems it encounters. Occasionally, you may have to reset your remote control in order to get it working again.
After you have already completed all of the above steps and all of the above steps have failed, you can try to reset your Hitachi TV remote to factory settings.
To do this, follow these instructions:
- Hold down the “Reset” button on the bottom of the remote for 10 seconds.
- After that, Let go of the button, and your remote will automatically power on.
- Make it a square by clicking on the top-left button (the one with an arrow).
- Afterward, simultaneously push the two bottom buttons on the remote. The setup menu will appear automatically.
- Now, The on-screen instructions will guide you through the reset process.