Have you recently got a Toshiba Fire TV Edition and wondered whether you can screen mirror it from your smartphone(iPhone or Android), and if that is the case, what are your options for checking if it is possible and how you can do that?
The joy of directly casting from your smartphone to your tv display is quite convenient when you suddenly see something on your phone and wish to watch it on a larger screen. Many smart televisions now support screen mirroring and screencasting.
Even though most Toshiba TVs that are equipped with Fire TV can screencast your smartphone, it does have a few limitations and some catches.
I will explain here whether your Toshiba Fire TV is compatible with screen mirroring, how to check it, and what you have to do in order to screencast from your smartphone to it.
Is Screen Mirroring Available on Toshiba Fire TV?
With Toshiba’s Fire TV Edition televisions supported by Fire OS, which is an operating system with native Miracast support, customers enjoy a unique multi-screen experience.
Therefore, if you are wondering whether your Toshiba Fire TV is compatible with screen mirroring, then yes it is but not all models support the Fire TV’s Miracast technology, and that is why you need to ensure is installed on your TV before trying to mirror on it.
Having the Fire TV operating system on your Smart TV can provide a lot of benefits and it can also be used to support AirPlay and Google Cast when using an app that supports them.
As you now know that your Toshiba Fire TV is compatible with screen mirroring from iPhone and Android smartphones, let’s look at what you need to know before using this feature.
How To Check Your Toshiba Fire TV For Screen Mirroring?
Due to the fact that screen mirroring technology works both ways, your smartphone, as well as your smart television, need to be compatible in order to use it. If any of them does not support screencasting, then the mirroring will not be possible.
Therefore, we will first check if your smartphone, whether it is an Android or iPhone, is compatible with casting, and then we will see if your smart TV is also compatible.
The following smartphones do not support screen mirroring or can not be screencast to the Toshiba Fire TV Edition:
- Older Android devices running Android OS 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Miracast-incompatible Android devices
- iOS and macOS
- Windows devices that do not support Wireless Display (WiDi)
We now know which smartphones are incompatible with screen mirroring, let’s see if your Toshiba Fire TV has this feature.
So how do you check your Toshiba Fire TV for screen mirroring?
Here’s how you can check it:
- On the Fire TV remote, hold down the Home button.
- A Mirroring icon should appear if your device is compatible.
Now that we have the information required for screen mirroring on your Toshiba Fire TV, let’s see how you can share your Android and iPhone screen with your Fire TV.
How To Screen Cast From Android To Toshiba Fire TV?
The first and foremost thing you should do is verify the Android smartphone you are using has the operating system above version 4.2 (Jelly Bean) and it should also have Miracast compatibility.
OK, so my Android phone is not too old and has an operating system higher than 4.2, but how can I determine if it has the Miracast feature?
Actually, it’s quite easy, if the device you are using supports Miracast, then the screen mirroring option will appear either in the Settings app or in your pull-down/notification menu.
In addition, you can easily check it via the Android TV Connector Utils app that is available on Google Play Store. This app not only confirms the Miracast on your smartphone but also lets you know whether the smart TV you are using is compatible with screen mirroring.
So now let’s see how to screen mirror Android to your Toshiba Fire TV?
- Make sure that your Toshiba Fire TV Edition TV and your Android cell phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your remote control, press the “Home” button.
- After that, To enable screen mirroring, click “Settings” > “Display & Sounds” > “Enable” screen mirroring.
- Now, By swiping your finger down from the top of the screen, you can fully display the notification panel on your Android device.
- You can now cast your screen by tapping the screencasting icon.
Note: Depending on the brand of the phone, this function has a different name. Samsung calls it Smart View, Huawei calls it Huawei Share, and Xiaomi simply calls it Wireless Display.
This is how you can share your Android screen with Toshiba Fire TV Edition. Let’s check out how you can do this on your iPhone.
How To Screen Mirror iPhone To Toshiba Fire TV?
The following steps will show you how to screencast an iPhone to a Toshiba Fire TV edition:
- Ensure you are connected to the same WiFi network on your iPhone and Toshiba Fire Tv Edition TV.
- Go to the Find > Search icon on the main Fire TV screen.
- Download AirScreen from the App Store. After it is opened, click Confirm.
- The TV screen will display a QR code. Scan it with your iPhone.
- At the top of the screen, tap on the Safari link and then select Entire screen.
- On the remote, press the backspace key. You will see the AirScreen interface.
- Open the Control Center on your iPhone (on the iPhone X and later, swipe down from the top right corner; on the iPhone 8 and earlier, swipe upward from the bottom).
- Lastly, choose your Toshiba Fire TV Edition TV by tapping on Screen Mirroring.
Yes, it is a bit more lengthy on an iPhone than on an Android smartphone, but that’s how you can mirror your smartphone to Toshiba Fire TV.
Here I have added a video that you will find useful as it shared a detailed guide on setting up the screen mirroring on your Toshiba Fire TV for iOS and Android.
The Toshiba Fire TV Edition does support all the latest features, including screencasting, so this is quite handy.
You will be able to mirror your smartphone’s screen easily with the help of this guide, regardless of whether your smartphone is an Android or an iOS device. If you encounter any issues, please feel free to drop a comment below.