The Samsung remote voice control is a helpful feature that allows us to easily access and activate features with just our voice, luckily it’s available for both Samsung TV Remotes the normal as well as the solar-powered remote.
My friend has a Samsung TV, but recently he encountered a strange issue. When he presses the microphone button on the remote, nothing happens.
When we tried it multiple times, it seemed like the TV and remote were not responding to each other for the voice control feature. We were surprised to find that when we used the app, the voice was recognized, so we assumed there was a problem with the remote or the connection between the TV and the remote.
After getting curious about what was causing this specific issue despite everything else working on the remote, I went straight into my research mode
In this guide, I’ll explain why this happens and how you can get it resolved. Luckily, We weren’t alone, and there were numerous users who experienced the same issue.
Basically, Voice control on Samsung TV remotes often gets glitched due to network issues, it could also simply be caused by low battery power or improper setup of the device’s settings
Note: I have explained the Voice issue and troubleshooting of both Samsung TV remotes, the Solar Remote as well as normal remote of your Samsung TV.
However, there can be other underlying minor issues that can cause trouble and without further ado, let’s see how you can troubleshoot it easily.
Samsung Normal Remote Voice Troubleshooting
Basically when the voice feature stops working on the remote, here’s what we as well as other users normally face:
- Unable to change channels using voice recognition using the remote.
- Despite connecting to the internet, it says “You can use voice recognition after setting up a network connection. Would you like to connect to a network now?”
Luckily all of these issues can be troubleshot easily now let’s see what you should do
- The first thing you need to do is turn off the TV.
- After that, Press the “back” and “4 Color” buttons simultaneously on the remote for about 15 seconds until the LED stops flashing. This will unpair the remote and reset it.
- Lastly, Turn on the TV, and the Bluetooth connection between the remote and TV will re-pair.
This will remove any frequency conflict or minor glitch which leads to the not working voice feature on your Samsung TV Remote.
Sometimes, the simplest solution can fix even the most stubborn technical issues.
As said earlier, when my friend and I had been having difficulty getting the voice control (Bixby) feature to work on our Samsung remote.
After going through several troubleshooting methods, we decided to try replacing the batteries that came with the remote with new ones.
To our surprise, this did the trick and Bixby was finally working again
So if you are facing issues and the voice control on your Samsung TV isn’t working, just replace the remote batteries and it will do the trick.
Note: This method only works with non-solar remote controls for Samsung TVs, since solar remote controls do not allow batteries to be changed.
If the issue of your Samsung TV remote not responding to voice commands persists, try unpairing and re-pairing the remote with the TV.
Once you have done that, test if your commands are working again.
Note: You need to wait for the remote to pair to the TV on its own. This takes a few minutes.
Moreover, If the Voice Remote Control not working with the TV cable box, here’s what you should do:
- Go into the “Settings” on your TV.
- Navigate to the “General” menu.
- Look for the “Start Setup” option.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Complete the setup process and it will also start working with your TV cable box.
Now coming to the issue where the Solar Remote Control Voice doesn’t work.
Samsung Solar Remote Voice Troubleshooting
If your Samsung’s Solar Remote Control’s voice control feature doesn’t work, all troubleshooting steps are the same as mentioned above except for the pairing process, as the standard Samsung TV Remotes and the Solar Remotes have different pairing procedures.
The only thing you need to do is re-pairing the remote and press two slightly different buttons than what is suggested in online guides (normal remote instructions).
- Instead of using the Volume Down button and Home button as per most instructions (normal Samsung TV remotes), Use the Play button + Back button to get the job done.
If you ever come across an issue where your Samsung’s solar remote control’s voice control feature stops working, don’t forget that “Play button + Back Button” could be your go-to combination to try out first!