Are you tired of your LG TV staying on all night long, even when you’re not using it? Or, do you want to wake up to your favorite morning show?
One solution is to use the sleep timer or auto power-off timer feature on your LG TV. This feature allows you to set a timer for your TV to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time.
In this quick post, I will explain what the sleep timer and auto power off timer are on LG TV, how to use them, and answer some frequently asked questions that you might find helpful.
What are the sleep timer and auto power off timer on LG TVs?
Sleep timer and auto power-off timer are features that let you set a timer for your TV to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time.
- In Sleep Timer, it’s like giving a countdown timer to your TV so it goes to sleep.
- In Auto Power Mode, you can set a time for when the TV will turn on and off so that it will do so according to the clock.
This can help you save energy, extend the life of your TV, and even help you get a better night’s sleep. It’s like having a personal TV babysitter, that puts your TV to sleep when you’re done watching.
How To Setup Sleep Timer On LG TV?
- First, navigate to the settings menu by going to the home screen and selecting the settings icon.
- Once you are in the settings menu, look for the “Quick Settings” option and select it.
- In the Quick Settings menu, look for the “Sleep Timer” option and select it.
- A new window will open where you can choose the time duration for which you’d like the sleep timer to be activated. Use the arrows to set the hours and minutes.
- Select “Save” to activate the sleep timer.
- Your TV will now turn off automatically after a specific amount of time has elapsed.
Moreover, To check the remaining time, you can go to the quick settings again and you should see the remaining time for the sleep timer on the top of the screen.
To turn off or cancel the sleep mode on an LG TV, you can follow these steps:
- Use your remote to navigate to Settings > Quick Settings and select Sleep Timer. Change it to Off or Cancel.
Bonus Tip: LG TV Sleep Timer Shortcut
You can make a shortcut for the sleep timer on your LG TV by adding the sleep timer function to the quick menu so that you won’t have to navigate to your entire menu for it.
Alright so, how to add the sleep timer to the quick settings on your LG TV?
Here’s a step-by-step process:
- Press the settings button once on your device.
- On the left side of the screen, click the “edit mode” (pencil icon) button.
- Click the plus icon, which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- From the list of options, select “sleep timer” and add it to your quick settings.
- Once you have added the sleep timer, you will be able to access it quickly from the quick settings menu.
That’s it and you have created a shortcut, You can now use the sleep timer by going to the quick settings and selecting the sleep timer option.
Once you have selected the sleep timer, you will be able to set the time duration for which you would like the sleep timer to be activated.
What If You Don’t Have a Remote?
If you want to change the sleep timer settings on your LG TV without using a remote, you can follow these steps:
- Press the “Home” button on your TV set.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option using the manual buttons on your TV set.
- Once in the settings menu, go to the “General” option.
- Under the General option, navigate to the “Timers” option.
- Once you are in the Timers menu, you can update the settings as desired.
- You can set the sleep timer to turn off the TV after a certain amount of time, or you can turn off the sleep timer altogether.
- Once you have made the changes, exit the menu by pressing the home button
How To Set Power On/Off Timer On LG Smart TV?
To set the power on/off timer on your LG LED smart TV, follow these steps:
- Pick up your remote control and tap the settings button.
- Scroll down using the arrows on your remote to find the general settings and click OK to enter.
- Navigate to the right using the right arrow and scroll down to the timers option. Click OK to enter the timers menu.
- You will see two options: Timer Power On and Timer Power Off. For this example, we will set the Timer Power On. Click OK to activate this option.
- Use the arrows on your remote to set the time you want the TV to turn on. Click OK to confirm your selection.
- Once you’ve finished setting the Timer Power On, you can go back to the timers menu and repeat the same steps to set the Timer Power Off.
- When you’ve set both the Timer Power On and Timer Power Off, you’re done! Your TV will now turn on and off at the times you’ve set.
Note: You can also set the timer to repeat on certain days. For example, you can set it to repeat on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Once you've selected the days, go to the upper right corner and click OK.
How To Remove Auto Power Off On LG TV?
Here’s a quick guide on how to remove the LG CX standby timer or stop it from auto-powering off:
- Grab your controller and click the cog button on the right side.
- Scroll down until you see the Sleep Timer option. Make sure it’s turned off.
- Next, go to All Settings and scroll down to the bottom.
- In All Settings, go into the General menu.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and click on it.
- In Additional Settings, find the Eco Mode option and click on it using the middle part of your controller.
- In Eco Mode, you will see the option for Auto Power. Change it to off.
- You will see a message that says “pending” at the bottom of the screen. Click on “yes” to confirm.
- This will disable the standby timer on your LG CX, so you can enjoy your gaming sessions without interruption.
In conclusion, the sleep timer and auto power off timer features on LG TVs are designed to save energy, prolong the life of your TV, and even help you get a better night’s sleep.
It is a convenient feature that allows you to set a timer for your TV to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time, or at a certain time of day.
By following the instructions outlined in this blog post, you can easily set the timer using your remote control or manual buttons on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the sleep timer and the auto power-off timer?
Sleep timer allows you to set a timer for your TV to turn off automatically after a certain amount of time, Auto power off timer is a feature that lets you set a schedule for your TV to turn off automatically at a certain time of day.
How do I turn off the sleep timer or auto power off timer?
To turn off the sleep timer or auto power off timer, you can go to the settings menu, look for the “Quick Settings” option, and then find the “Sleep Timer” or “Auto Power Off” option. Change the setting to “Off” or “Cancel” the timer. You can also go to “all settings” and navigate to “general” and then “additional settings” and look for the “Eco Mode” and turn it off.
Can I set a different sleep timer for different days of the week?
Unfortunately, this feature is not available on all LG TVs, check your TV manual to see if it’s supported or not.