Are you having trouble changing Picture Settings on your Insignia Fire TV, as the picture settings menu options are disabled?
Although it isn’t a big deal, it can be really annoying if we are unaware of the correct process or do not know the limitations and correct way to make changes to Picture Settings.
I have witnessed it on my friend’s Insignia Fire TV and we were trying to calibrate the picture settings but to our surprise, all options were grayed out and disabled.
We checked by connecting the gaming console but with that as well we were only getting the backlight modification option and all of the other settings like Brightness, Contrast, Color, and Sharpness were grayed out and cannot be adjusted.
You may also face difficulties changing the aspect ratio (such as 4:3 or 16:9) due to the same issue.
There’s no need to worry, I’ll explain why this happens and how you can easily resolve it.
Note: Remember that each input on your Insignia Fire TV can have its own Picture and Display Settings. To change these settings, select the HDMI port your device is connected to.
Why Does My Insignia Fire TV Not Allow To Change Picture Settings?
If your Insignia Fire TV’s picture settings options are grayed out and you need to change several settings manually, you should be aware of certain limitations and requirements.
- Each HDMI input has its own Picture Settings.
- You can not change picture settings on the inactive HDMI input.
- When content is not being played the picture setting options will be disabled by default.
So, The reason why your Insignia Fire TV is not allowing you to change picture settings could be due to the fact that some settings disallow others.
For example, if you have a specific picture mode selected, then certain other options and features may only be available under this setting (such as “custom”).
First, let me walk you through the correct process to change “Picture Settings” before we proceed with troubleshooting.
How Do I Change Picture Settings On Insignia Fire TV?
So what is the correct way to change picture settings on Insignia Fire TV?
To change the picture settings on your Insignia Fire TV:
- Hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote for 5 secs. Alternatively, press the Settings button (If the remote does have a settings button present).
- After that, Select “Picture”.
- Navigate between different “Picture Settings” and make changes as you wish.
Once you have changed the picture settings for your Fire TV, you can also change the settings for other HDMI inputs. To do this, simply switch to the input that you would like to customize and follow the same steps as before. This will allow you to adjust each individual HDMI input’s picture settings
Troubleshooting Insignia Fire TV Picture Settings Menu Options
If you are still having trouble changing your picture settings on your Insignia Fire TV, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take.
- First, make sure that the correct input source is selected. If an incorrect source is selected, then the picture settings will be grayed out and unavailable to change.
- Additionally, ensure that content is streaming while making changes as this may also cause the settings to be inaccessible.
- If all else fails, try restarting your device or reach out for technical assistance from Insignia’s customer service team if needed.
Hopefully, this information has been helpful in understanding how to adjust your picture settings on your Insignia Fire TV and troubleshooting the common issues like when it doesn’t allow you to change them.