Are you thinking of setting up your Vizio Smartcast TV but don’t have access to the internet yet? No worries! It’s possible to set up your Smartcast TV without connecting it to wifi at first.
In this blog post, I’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of setting up your Vizio Smartcast TV without wifi.
I’ll also provide tips and tricks on how to access the menu and connect to wifi later on, once you have internet access.
So, whether you’re in a remote location or just want to be prepared for any situation, or simply wish to use your TV without wifi internet, this guide covers you quickly.
Can You Use Vizio Smartcast without Wifi?
Yes, you can use your Vizio Smartcast without Internet or Wifi.
According to the official statement, Vizio Smartcast TVs are designed to be part of a connected environment (Due to Smartcast functionality) and rely on internet access to provide full functionality and features.
Without internet access, you can still use the Smartcast TV to watch content from a set-top box, Blu-ray player, or other HDMI-compatible devices, but the features and functionality will be limited.
For example, you will not be able to access streaming services or use any of the smart features such as voice control, inbuilt streaming apps, streaming devices, or streaming from mobile devices.
What Do You Need in Order to Set up Your Vizio Smartcast TV without Wifi?
Although you technically don’t need an internet connection for the initial setup of your Vizio Smartcast TV, it is recommended that you connect your device to an antenna cable through a coaxial port.
Doing this will allow you to access local channels which can be found during the first-time setup process.
This is beneficial as it allows you to watch any local broadcasts without having WiFi or using additional streaming services.
How to Set up Vizio Smartcast TV without Wifi?
Here’s a step-by-step guide that you can use to set up your Vizio smart TV:
- Choose the language you want to use. (I chose English.)
Once you have powered up your Vizio Smartcast TV, use the remote to choose from multiple languages for your setup.
For this example, we chose English as our language of choice and proceeded with the rest of the setup process in that language.
- Select “Home Use” and click “OK” on the remote.
After choosing a language, select “Home Use” using your remote.
Once you have selected “Home Use,” press the “OK” button on the remote control to confirm your choice.
- Choose the location where you are located. (I chose USA.)
It’s important that you select the correct country as this will determine which services are available on your TV and how they’ll work.
For example, if you’re located in the United States then you’ll need to choose USA from the list of locations provided by Vizio when prompted during setup.
- You will get a prompt to connect with Wi-Fi, as we don’t want to use Wi-Fi so just “Skip” it. (I skipped it)
Now a prompt will appear to connect with Wi-Fi. If you do not want to use the Wi-Fi for the setup process, simply select “Skip” and continue with the setup without using Wi-Fi.
- Choose the room where your TV is located. (I chose “Bedroom.”)
Now, Choose the room you wish to choose from the available option. Once you have chosen the room your Vizio Smartcast TV is located in (I chose “Bedroom”), it’s time to start setting up further.
- Set up your local channels by searching for broadcasting channels. (Do it as we are setting up our Smartcast without Wifi internet)
To set up your local channels without connecting to a wifi network, you will need to search for broadcasting channels.
This requires an antenna or cable box connected directly to your Smartcast TV. Once you have the necessary connections made, use the on-screen menu of your Smartcast TV to scan for available channels in your area and add them as desired.
- Lastly, Review and accept the terms and conditions.
Before you can use your Vizio Smartcast TV as a last step, you must review and accept the terms and conditions of your device.
After accepting the terms and conditions, you are ready to start using your Vizio Smartcast TV without wifi!
- Click “Continue” and review the on-screen tutorials for using the TV’s features.
Once you have clicked “Continue”, review the on-screen tutorials for using your Vizio Smartcast TV.
These tutorials will show you how to access and navigate the various features of your TV, such as setting up channels, changing inputs, connecting devices to it, adjusting picture settings, and more.
You can also use these tutorials to learn about any additional apps or services that are available through your Vizio Smartcast TV so that you can make the most out of your viewing experience.
That’s all, Once all necessary steps have been completed and verified, then your Vizio Smartcast TV is ready for use without requiring access to a network connection or WiFi signal.
However, if you wish to get it connected to Wifi Internet after changing your mind or when you get a working wifi connection, you can do that easily and I have provided detailed steps below.
How to Set up Vizio TV to Wifi?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to connect a Vizio Smartcast TV to Wi-Fi using the TV’s remote:
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- Scroll down to “Network” and select it.
- If you are already connected to a network, select it to view the available access points (Wifi Names).
- If you don’t see the network you want to connect to, select “More Access Points” to view more options.
- Highlight the network you want to connect to and press the “Enter” button on the remote.
- Enter the password for the network when prompted.
- Select “Connect” and wait for the TV to connect to the network.
- Once the TV is connected, you should see the Wi-Fi symbol displayed on the screen.
Now that your Vizio Smartcast TV is connected to Wifi, you can now enjoy streaming content online or access other apps on the TV. You should also be able to use voice commands through a compatible device such as Amazon Alexa or Google Home. Enjoy!
How to Set up Smartcast on Vizio TV without Remote?
If you’ve lost your remote or it’s not working, don’t worry, you can still access the menu and set up your Vizio Smartcast TV without it.
- Locate the input and volume down buttons on your TV. These are usually located on the side or bottom of the TV, but the location may vary depending on the model of your TV.
- Hold down both the “input” and “volume down” buttons at the same time.
- The menu will appear on the screen. You can use the directional buttons on the TV to navigate through the menu and make any changes you need to.
Additionally, you can also use the SmartCast mobile app as a remote control to control the TV, even without the physical remote.
Can I connect the Vizio Smartcast TV to wifi internet later if I don’t have internet access during the initial setup?
Yes, you can set up wifi on the TV later when you have internet access. However, some features and functionality may be limited until you get connected to the Internet.
Can I use and watch Vizio Smartcast TV without internet access?
Yes, you can watch TV without internet access by connecting a set-top box, Blu-ray player, or other HDMI-compatible devices to the Smartcast TV. However, the features and functionality will be limited as you won’t be able to use streaming apps and streaming devices.
Can I control the TV with my voice without internet access?
No, the voice control feature of the Vizio Smartcast TV requires internet access to function.