Do you have a problem with your Panasonic TV remote not responding or its buttons not working, and want to find out how to fix it?
I had a Panasonic TV and I dealt with a remote problem with it, as my TV would not respond to the buttons and it would only turn the TV on and off.
I will explain in this guide why your remote is not responding to your Panasonic TV and how to fix it at home easily so you will not have to get another one.
Panasonic TV remotes commonly quit working due to minor issues, such as low batteries, faulty sensors, or minor glitches. You can resolve this problem by cleaning your remote, replacing the batteries, and doing a factory reset.
It might not work as expected sometimes due to other underlying issues, but by the end of this guide, you will be able to fix the issue.
Why Is My Panasonic TV Remote Not Working?
Depending on the symptoms, such as whether the remote is simply turning your TV on and off, only some buttons are functioning, or not responding at all, there might be many reasons that result in these problems.
There are several Panasonic TV Remote Issues that I have outlined below.
- Remote only turning TV On and Off
- Some buttons are working
- Remote not responding to TV
- Not changing channels
- Volume buttons not working
If you experience any of these, you can resolve them by following the steps in this guide below.
How To Fix Panasonic TV Remote Issues?
If your TV is having issues, this can lead to remote problems. To rule this out, you should reset the TV.
It can be done by turning off the wall outlet, unplugging the wire, and letting it sit for up to 10 minutes before plugging it back in.
However, if the problem persists it is likely to be a problem with the remote.
In order to fix any remote issue which you are facing with your Panasonic TVs remote, follow the below steps one by one.
- You should ensure that no object, such as a sound bar or a center speaker, is blocking the lower corner of the TV.
- Do not mix old and new batteries, or different types of batteries (such as alkaline and manganese).
- Make sure that the batteries are new, of the same type, and have the correct polarity (+ & -).
- Do a reset. To reset the remote, remove the batteries and press all the remote buttons twice. Insert the batteries.
- Lastly, The remote batteries and sensor need to be cleaned, the TV needs to be turned off, the TV needs to be restarted and the remote needs to be checked.
How To Troubleshoot Panasonic TV Remote Common Problems?
Below I have summarized each of the issues so you can pick one that you are facing and can get sorted without having to go through all the steps.
The Panasonic remote only turns the television on and off.
In the event that your Panasonic remote only turns on and off your TV, it may be that it needs resetting.
Moreover before doing it, Changing your batteries and giving your remote a thorough clean will ensure that it will work, as even dirt could cause it to malfunction.
So, Remove the batteries from the remote, clean it out with a cotton bud or microfibre cloth, and then put fresh batteries in it.
If that doesn’t work, you need to Reset your Panasonic TV Remote by following the below steps:
Occasionally, the only way to fix your TV Remote control is to reprogram it to its factory settings.
- Take the batteries out of the remote, then press each button once to discharge it completely.
- Now insert batteries, After inserting the batteries, the LED should begin to light up.
- After this, press the digits 2 and 8 simultaneously within a 6 seconds gap.
- To complete the process, you need to enter the code associated with your TV.
There are the following Panasonic TV Remote codes: 007, 107, 416, 516, 608, 618, 718, 807, 901
Can’t get your Panasonic remote to change channels?
If your Panasonic TV Remote refuses to change channels when you’re excited to watch your favorite program, there is nothing more frustrating.
When your Panasonic Remote does not change channels, unplug the power cable. Next, make sure all the lights are turned off, then wait thirty seconds before re-plugging the power cable. Finally, check the remote again to see if it has changed channels.
Wrapping It Up
Using the steps outlined above, you will be able to resolve the most common remote problems offered by Panasonic TVs.
In a nutshell, your Panasonic TV might not respond due to a weak battery, faulty sensors, or minor glitches. In order to fix the problem, you must first change the batteries, then clean the remote, and lastly, reset it.